Thursday, May 2, 2013

March 18, 2013


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GARRETT!!!
We love you and send birthday greetings and lots of hugs!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for sending me tips to improve my Spanish. I will try them out.
 
I understand everything being said to me, but to respond the way I want is hard at times.
 
Yesterday I had the oppurtunity to speak to the congregation. Through the gift of tongues I was able to talk about the doctrine of Christ and talk about how to apply it and share it in our lives.
 
I am now legal, and to get legal I had to take a 3 hour bus ride to Tampico. The road is really rocky so I had a fun time trying to keep my insides in place.
 
We meet with members, less actives, and investigators daily, or try to. Our focus has been more on less actives and recent converts.
 
We have access to the Liahona, but not the updated one since we are far from the materials center. We might receive the one for March when we head to Tampico for training this week.

My favorite scripture is my mission scripture: D&C 58:64. It motivates me and reminds me of why I am here when times get rough.

"For, verily, the sound must go forth from this place into all the world, and unto the uttermost parts of the earth--the gospel must be preached unto every creature, with signs following them that believe."

My favorite hymn is "If You Could Hie to Kolob." It has a special meaning behind each word and the tune is fun to sing.
 
As for Genereal Conference, all I have heard was that it will be over the internet. I am not sure of anything else.
 
Thank you for everything and I hope the family is doing well. I will try the things you have suggestted and return and report.
 
Keep up the good work!
 
Love,
 
Elder Holladay
 


Sunset while walking to our next appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment