Thursday, May 2, 2013

March 11, 2013


I am still really slow in understanding written Spanish and feel a little relieved when I see English. The fastest way to learn a language is to speak it and I need to do a better job of that myself because personally I usually don't say a lot unless I need to, but here I need to be like Abinadi and preach with all my strength, but I am not able to do that yet. Hopefully one day.
 
Our ward meets at 1:00 and is suposed to start at that time but usually starts 10 minutes later. Here time is sometimes a suggestion which is hard for me to understand, but something I must accept. We greet the Bishop every week and give him weekly updates for the Ward Council, but we haven't sat down with them and discussed anything. The ward has weekly mutual activities, I am not sure what day or what time though because we are usually busy teaching people.
 
Elder Dominguez loves Hymns and we sing them before companion study and while we walk around. It brings the spirit more stronger throughout the day. Elder Dominguez has a stereo with music in a flashdrive that we listen to every so often, but usually I like the peace and quiet after a hard day's work.
 
This past week has been interesting. Our plans for a better and higher teaching rate feel through when we received a call for me to go and sign more papers to make sure I was legal. It has been cloudy some days and others pure sun and heat. No rain so far, which is strange. I apply sunscreen most days but the last couple days I didn't need any. At the moment it is lasting. I looked at the nearby pharmacies and the lowest they sell is around 100fps which is crazy and little expensive. If you do send packages please send some more please, and also a quick note, garments and white shirts might be nice around my next birthday the last year I am here in Mexico.
 
Strangely, I have not seen any preparations for any holidays. If there has been I haven't noticed because the culture here is literaly a celebrating culture, parties every Friday and Saturday night.
 
Thank you for your support and your love. I hope everyone is doing well and has a great week!
 
Love,
 
Elder Holladay
 


Espaguetis verde with garlic bread, fried chicken in chipotle sauce, mashed potatoes, agua de oranges.
Lunch with one of the members in the ward. I got the recipe from her and will try to make it when I get home.

Parakeets at an investigator's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment