Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Tampico Mexico - February 11, 2013

Hey Mom,

Mexico is very different from Utah, but I feel at home here even though I do not understand everything that everyone is talking about. I can pick up words here and there and express myself here and there, but for the most part I am having a party trying to figure out what everyone is saying.

The culture here is amazing and the people are all so humble, loving and kind. They also help me with my Spanish when trying to speak it. The children here are fun to talk to because they will laugh at what you say and then correct you while you are laughing because you know what you said wasn't correct.

When getting off the plane in Tampico it was pretty amazing. Instead of going into a terminal right away there were people there with step ladders for us to get off, and we went straight into the imigration office to get everything settled paperwork-wise. We were then met by the Mission President and his wife, and they took us home to a great meal of tortillas, meat, lemons, cilontro, green salsa, red salsa, and pineapple.

I am having fun and working hard. We are not allowed to track so all our work is with members, less-actives, and investigators. We try not to have any lessons without any members present so the investigators have friends to come to church with.

I hope everything is going well and that everyone is healthy and safe.

Love,
Elder Holladay

No comments:

Post a Comment