Monday, January 7, 2013

Updates from December 2012

el 25 de diciembre de 2012 (email)

Hello Mom,
We have been challenged to keep the Christmas Spirit year long and I am tyring to amplify the feeling now so I can help others feel it as well.
A hat would be nice.  It is a bit chilly when walking around the Temple.
Im glad everyone is doing alright and having a fun Christmas.
I will leave you with a testimony that I know this church is true and that if we keep the spirit of Christmas year round we will bless the lives of others and ours in turn.
Have fun today and have a Happy New Year.
Love,
Elder Holladay


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
el 17 de diciembre de 2012 (letter)

Dear Mom,

Thank you for sending letters. It is nice to hear the words of others and hear their voices through the words that are written.

Spanish is coming slowly but surely. When we teach investigators there is so much that we would liek to say but we do not know enough words to say it the way we want.

My happiest moments are usually after low moments here. One day, though, Elder Bartschi received a 3-foot Christmas tree. We decorated it with lights, beads, and ornaments. We then placed it on top of our dresser for all to see when they walked by our room, and so it shone its light to the whole room. Every time you look at it, it melts away your worries and fears and fills you with peace and joy. That is why I especially enjoyed the talk you sent me by Elder Holland.

I have made friends within our zone and they have either left or are leaving soon. As for friends before the MTC, I saw my first semester BYU-I roommate the first week I was here. He already left for Texas, I believe. Then Hermana Hamson was in my ROTC class and she cam in two weeks after I cam in. She is going to Spain. Then there are people who have the same time as us for gym, and we have gotten to know them pretty well.

Everything that the gentleman said on the airplane ride (from Chicago to SLC) has helped me at the MTC. Yesterday I tried out the leftover table and it was awesome.

Thank you for your support and the stories you have shared. How is the family and what are they doing?

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year,
Love Elder Holladay

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

el 10 de diciembre de 2012 (letter)

Dear Mom,

Thank you so much for supporting me while on my mission with letters, it means a lot. I am sorry I don't answer all your letters quickly, I just don't have tons of time to write on P-Days and I feel a little rushed to write the letters, but I will write what I can.

I was able to watch the First Presidency Christmas Devotional on Sunday. It was amazing and would be great for FHE.

Thank you for the scriptures and stories, they are full of the spirit and bring happiness when read.

It is good to hear the family serving in the stake. Service combined with Charity is a powerful combination of pure love and upliftness. Tell Sister Greco "Thanks for the tips," please. She told me about her son's mission to Tampico and also showed some pictures of his mission.

In our district, we have four Sisters and six Elders. The Sisters leave a little early to go to the Peru MTC in a week and they are ecstatic.

On P-Days we get to go to the temple in the morning and we usually do endowments. The temple will be closed for a few weeks, though, so we will probably do our Temple walks on Sunday just to the gate and back.

The teachers here at the MTC are truly amazing. We learn so much every day! Besides the physical teachers that we have, there is a grand total of three main teachers and three roaming teachers. One of them is the Holy Ghost, he is our main teacher. There is also Hermano Ridge who teaches us every day and Hermana Hunter, who was our first investigator, who will be starting to teach us shortly in congruence with Hermano Ridge.

I get physical exercise about five to six days a week where I run on the track inside for forty-five minutes, so you could say that I am getting sufficient exercise. I believe I have lost five pounds so far! The food here is good and filling, but you have to run it off or you will expand a little.

Keep up the good work and I love you. Keep smiling, stay strong.

Love,
Elder Holladay

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

el 3 de diciembre de 2012 (letter)

Dear Family,

I know this Church is true -- not because of the service we do or the good feelings we feel. It is true because I have prayed about gospel principles and have received witness of their truth. I know that through strict obedience following the commandments and the laws of the land bring miracles. I challenge you that if you will pray about things you are struggling with the Lord will strengthen you and bless you. He has blessings waiting for you, and all you have to do is to pray to Him. I know the Church to be true. I know the Book of Mormon to be true and that the Prophet Joseph Smith, who restored the gospel on the earth for these latter days, was inspired and translated it correctly. I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love us each individually and the plan of salvation was made for us. I know the plan of salvation was for then, too. Jesus atoned for our sins not because he had to, but because he wanted to because he loves us and wants to see us again with our Heavenly Father. I leave you these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Thank you for your support and I will see you in about twenty-four moons. See you then!

Sincerely,
Elder Holladay

No comments:

Post a Comment